What on earth would make a person jump up to do burpees and planks in the middle of the night? That would be the Mamavation Campaign 15 Hazing, of course! I cannot begin to describe the lovely, inspiring ladies who are in this campaign, and how we managed to forge a bond in such a short amount of time. Perhaps the pains of hazing drew us together? I believe that we are joined as Sistas because we all want what is best for our bodies, families, and each other. It is overwhelmingly refreshing to be involved with a group of uplifting women. Fistbump to all of the applicants, Sistas, trainers, and LEAH (@bookieboo) for this platform!
I set goals for myself last week, and I have been quite happy with the progress (I even lost 2 more lbs since the last weigh-in!). I still need to finalize which color race(s) I will do, as well as continue to build my running playlist. These items will be added to my list for this week. To do this week:
- Focused prayer time. My family has many decisions to make, and I know that the answers will only come from seeking God’s face. My church will host prayer @6AM, M-F for the next 2 weeks. I plan to attend at least Tuesday-Thursday.
- DO NOT DIE during hazing! I am positive that Mark (@MrBookieboo) will bring the pain, but I am ready. Thank you, Sir, may I please have another? There is an old saying that if you want something you’ve never had, you must do something that you’ve never done. This isn’t a game or a gimmick. This is the fight of my life, and it is FOR MY LIFE. I take this very seriously.
- Continue playlist(s) research and revisions. I have eclectic tastes in music – from opera to jazz, Christian to old school r&b, indie… It can be quite a project to narrow down my lists
- Speaking of projects, we have a MAJOR one in our household, and I MUST make a dent in it this week. I JUST MUST!
- Continue research on freezer meals. I am learning so much from the Sistas, and my family gets to benefit from my experimental recipes. So far, there have been only hits. 🙂 *fingers are crossed that we’ll have zero misses*
- Research bikes. I haven’t been on one, outside of the gym, in at least 20+ years. My dudes love to ride, so I think now is the time to finally join them.
- Complete my 2013 Family Mission Statement, and entries in my Home Management Binder. I loved the ideas from Stacie at Motherhood on a Dime! I am learning some new, and old, tricks of the Supermom trade 🙂
- Make time for zero media or agendas, just family fun, for 1 night. We have a family movie night each week, but I would like to have time to just communicate and enjoy each other. That could be interesting if we consider the short, sporadic attention span, and random conversation points, of a 5 yr old!
- Writing assignments – – yes, I have them every week. EVERY week. -sigh-
The finalists for the Mamavation Mom Campaign have been announced. Yes, I made the cut! There will be a Twitter party to announce the 2 Mamavation Moms on January 21. Please join us for the Twitter party. Details are here. The support doesn’t end. My hard work will not end. A MILLION THANKS to all of you for your support, inspiration, and love!