The past 3 weeks have been a whirlwind of activity, stretching beyond my comfort zone, laughing, crying, trusting, doubting, and learning. The process of applying to become a Mamavation Mom, and actually doing it (WOOT!), was intense, time-consuming, and the craziest bag of free therapy I’ve ever witnessed. I had to face things about myself that I probably never realized until now. These are just a few of the items on my checklist…
- My body is a temple. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body,” (1 Cor. 6:19-20) Well, duh. If you have been in the church for more than 10 minutes, at least in one that teaches the Bible over socially acceptable fluff, you have heard this at least once. The deal is, it is absolutely true. Most people teach and review this concept only as it relates to encouraging abstinence from drugs or premarital intercourse. It isn’t just relegated to those two scenarios. Everything that I do, every choice that I make, will affect the quality of my temple. I have noticed that since hazing and completing the Mamavatiom Mom workouts that my stamina and core are returning. Both are essential in singing – whether classical or Christian. I am returning to being the energetic singer I once was.
- No excuses. I could spend hours (I have before, so I know that I could) listing the surgeries, injuries, schedule conflicts, et al that prevented me from working out consistently over the past few years. Every morning, when my Heavenly Father allows me to wake up, I am gifted with new mercies, opportunities, and strength to tackle my day AND workout. No excuses. I am blessed to have trainers, supportive family and friends, and now, Mamavation. No excuses. None. Perhaps you are thinking, “but I cannot afford a trainer.” Well, do you have a backyard? Stairs at your office? Can you park further away from the door of the store, church, school, library? Just move. Keep moving. Challenge yourself.
- Getting help = POWER. Do you realize that I don’t have to do just girlie push-ups? This is MAJOR! How did I evolve into someone who would actually ask a trainer, “Can we increase my weights? Can we do more?” WHAT?!?!? I didn’t start out this way. I started out hiding behind my shy shell. I also hid behind my schedule. When I finally decided to break through those hindrances, I found myself doing more than I ever imagined! I am hearing from friends and parishioners that they are encouraged to pursue healthier lives. I have more energy to keep up with my non-stop-EVER Superkid, and I am growing to learn and love healthier food choices.
When I neglected myself, made excuses, or did not ask for help, I essentially robbed my temple from experiencing the best life possible. I am transforming my life day by day, and I will never again take for granted the temple I have been given. I will continue to treasure and care for it, and honor my Creator with my health and fitness choices.
I wish you all a wonderful, healthy, lovely week.
Until next time,
- I think I can, I think I can… (justjeanae.wordpress.com)
- #Mamavation Monday: Before the Reveal 1/21/13 (justjeanae.wordpress.com)
- #IHeartOmron Fitness Ambassador Kickoff Week #Mamavation (scrapsofmygeeklife.com)
- Mamavation Monday ~ I See a Loss!! (moreismerrier.com)
- YEAH! Mamavation Mondays in the New Year! (moreismerrier.com)
- What was I thinking?!?! (justjeanae.wordpress.com)
- Fitness Challenge Success and Twitter Party! #iheartomron (formulamom.com)