I tried (AND LOVED!) a dish found on InsipredRD.com, and was inspired to make my own hearty soup for lunch. It turned out great, and my Superkid enjoyed it. The combination of ingredients made my house smell heavenly!
I my love crock pot (I call it my Love Bowl!) meals for their simplicity and depth. I can create a large, fulfilling meal, without using multiple pans (hey, I am all for spending the least amount of time in the kitchen), and I enjoy combining layers of my favorite spices and food groups.
What did I use? Well, I am glad that you asked.
- Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes – peeled, and cut into cubes
- 1 Large Onion (I used Vidalia) – chopped
- 2-3 Leeks sliced
- 1 Celery Stalk – chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves – chopped
- 1 Chopped, Seeded Jalapeno (You can leave it out if you do not want the heat)
- Fresh Rosemary, Thyme, Sea Salt, Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- 3-4 Cups Homemade Vegetable Stock (yes, I make my own)
- 1 Lemon – use the juice of 1/2 in the broth, and slice the other 1/2 to use as a garnish if you wish
Place all ingredients into the Love Bowl for 5-6 hours. The chicken should shred, fall apart easily, and the potatoes should be tender.
Let me know if you try this, and share it with your family.
Until next time,
- Crock Pot Spaghetti Squash – CPC #9 (berrysweetlauren.com)